Thursday, February 19, 2009

Slumber Par-TAY!

Baileigh hosted her first slumber party this past Friday. Her birthday was back on January 27th, but do to some scheduling issues, we waited until Feb 13th to hold the party. Her guests had fun decorating cupcakes, making their own mini pizzas, having dance contests, and raiding Marina's dressup box. Everyone also got their very own ella*monde pillowcase as a party favor. I got my inspiration from the DARLING homemade goodies that Patty of modkid made for her daughter's party. She made all the girls their own aprons with matching oven mitts and chef hats. If you have never checked out her blog, you MUST. She has a long list of talents! :)


The table, I am STILL finding that confetti all over the house....



The pillowcases. Baileigh and Marina got the red ones...valentine's gifts from their Mommy. I made the others so that they would work with our party theme, but still could be used anytime of the year.



And the cake, which wasn't planned. I had batter left over from each batch of red velvet and strawberry cupcakes. I had heart shaped pans that were given to me years ago, and I finally put them to use! In case you didn't know, strawberry cake bakes up fluffier than red velvet...



I'm really not sure why my daughter feels like she has to be "gangsta" in all her photos. I blame all my friends on Facebook and Myspace, hahaha. ;p

2 comments:

Patty Young said...

WOW! Looks like a wonderful party! Those pillowcases are TDF... lucky girls! Thanks for the shout out :)

patty

Tracy said...

Look how fun!!! You're such a good mom!